Coherent Breathing & Letting Go of Your Fears
Today, it’s all about letting go of your fears. We’ll start with a writing exercise.
Letting Go of Your Fears
- What are you afraid of?
- How is that fear stopping you from manifesting your dream business & life?
- What is that fear still bringing you?
- How does that fear feel in your body?
- How do you feel when you let go of that fear? Where do you feel relaxation in your body?
- Complete this sentence: When I let go of my fear, I am free to…
When you’re ready, let’s go to the breathing exercise.
- Take 5 minutes for the exercise
- Find a comfortable seat
- Press play
The physical effect of calming breathwork
When you perceive a threat, whether it’s real or imagined, your body releases adrenaline and other stress hormones into the bloodstream.
These hormones activate the sympathetic nervous system, which prepares the body for action by increasing heart rate, blood pressure, and respiration, while also redirecting blood flow away from the digestive system and towards the muscles. This physical response is what is referred to as the “fight, freeze or flight” response.
Coherent breathing with a prolonged exhale can help to calm the body and reduce the physiological symptoms of fear, such as rapid heart rate and shallow breathing. This activates the parasympathetic nervous system, which is responsible for the body’s relaxation response.
You can do this exercise anytime you feel overwhelmed.
See you tomorrow for Day 5: Nadi Shodhana & Cultivating Self-Love.
Wishing you a wonderful day,